Dr. Heff’s Remarkable Mints were invented by two dentists with a passion for improving the oral health of their patients through prevention.
Dr. Mike Heffernan and Dr. Toby Edwards-Lunn found that patients were suffering from tooth decay despite routine brushing with fluoride toothpaste. This was often exacerbated by a reduction in protective saliva caused by aging, prescription medications, or other health conditions.
They were also concerned with the growing phenomena of tooth erosion where acidity from food and beverages or reflux (GERD), and even morning sickness, can strip away tooth enamel causing thinning, chipping, and tooth sensitivity.
The goal was to formulate a dental mint to protect against tooth damage at the moment it occurred. Dr. Heff’s is the result and the solution.
Is Dr. Heff’s university tested?
- Yes! The Dental School of Illinois in Chicago found that our patent (pending) combination of ingredients remineralised teeth better than xylitol alone. Their research confirmed that our green tea polyphenols protect teeth collagen. This research has been published in peer-reviewed dental journals and makes Dr Heff’s probably the most researched dental mint in the world! The University of Zurich found that Dr. Heff’s neutralised the acids in patients mouths immediately, even through thick plaque.
What are the ingredients?
- There are literally just 5 ingredients (no preservatives, no nasty chemicals):
- Green tree extract
- Calcium phosphate (the mineral your teeth are made of)
- Calcium stearate (to hold the mint together)
- Peppermint oil
Ethically made into Dr. Heff’s Remarkable Mints.
Why is Xylitol important?
- Xylitol is recognized for eliminating the bacteria that cause tooth decay while maintaining the positive bacteria for your oral microbiome.
What is Xylitol?
- It is a low-calorie, low glycemic, carbohydrate found in most fruits and vegetables.
How do I take them?
- Suck a single mint until it dissolves three to five times a day for maximum results.
Who shouldn’t take Dr. Heff’s?
- Do not give Dr. Heff’s to dogs, children under three, or anyone prone to choking.
- Everyone else, including pregnant women, can benefit from and enjoy a Dr. Heff’s!
We are proud to be vegan-friendly.
Dr. Heffs has won the most innovative product of 2021!