Dr. Alisa Kauffman and Dr. Joy Poskozim
Dentistry & Dentures
Dr. Alisa Kauffman, found of Caring and Able and Geriatric House Call Dentistry has been serving the geriatric population for over 35 years. Dr. Kauffman is a nationally renowned dentist and her practice; Geriatric House Call Dentistry has been featured in The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post among many other publications.
Geriatric House Call Dentistry offers a full suite of dental, and denture services for bedbound patients who may suffer from Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s’, and various forms of dementia.
THIS EPISODE OF CARING AND ABLE DIVES INTO THE WORLD OF DENTISTRY FOR HOMEBOUND SENIOR CITIZENS WHO MAY SUFFER FROM A FORM OF DEMENTIA.
Dr. Alisa Kauffman and Dr. Joy Poskozim talk about their experiences as house call dentists for the geriatric community in NYC and Chicago.
Join Dr. Kauffman as she asks Dr. Joy how she is able to take care of her patients in Chicago and how they experience very similar things between Chicago and NYC.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- How is Geriatric House Call Dentistry different than a traditional dentist?
- What is the process for getting new dentures, or repairing almost any set? What can be done about a loose denture? What is a Reline?
- What equipment do you carry, and how do you ensure your equipment is organized and sterile?
- What is the craziest story you have from treating a patient during a house call visit?
- What qualities do House Call Dentists need in order to operate with this niche demographic?
- Is Geriatric Dentistry taught in school? (actually no, but it should be).
- Why should dentists consider joining Geriatric House Call Dentistry, or start their own practice?
- Can you treat a patient if they cannot leave their bed?
Common questions for Dr. Klein and Geriatric House Call Dentistry
Q: What locations will Dr. Klein serve patients?
A: West Long Island
Q: What services can you perform in the home when serving patients?
A: Dr. Rachel Klein provides her patients in the West Long Island area with:
- Exams & Consultations
- Fabricate and Fix Dentures
- Reline Dentures
- Small Fillings
Thank you for taking the time to engage with this episode. Feel free to like, and/or subscribe to their social media accounts to stay engaged with Geriatric House Call Dentistry. Or, ask them a question by filling out the contact form on their profile >